Friday, August 15, 2008

A Chinese Date and some Clubs

Saturday August 16, 2008
Thursday I got up and got coffee, went over to Alex's with Sam and hung out for a while, listened to some music, etc. Sam and I had baozi (dumplings) for lunch. We came back over to my house later and we ordered Sichuan food from our neighborhood spot and ate in the apartment. Then I went on a date with Ling Ling, a Chinese woman I met at a club a week ago. I got a cab and met with her at the Dubai Club, where her friend sang. He was a very good singer and we talked and had some drinks, I met her friend the singer and her brother. Then we went to another couple clubs and ended up at Hemp House, where we saw Alex, Sam and Oz.

Friday I slept in, Sam and I got lunch then ran some errands, including going to the fish market and buying goldfish for the piranhas. We came home and chilled, fed the starving piranhas a huge fish, it was pretty bestial to see them feast on a big fish. Then Sam went over to Alex's to watch The Dark Knight, I went out to dinner with Howard and his English tutor. We went to a very nice restaurant in downtown Chengdu, had some great Sichuan food, drank tea and talked about education and working in Chengdu.

I grabbed a cab back to Yulin and went over to Alex's, caught the end of The Dark Knight, then Alex and I watched the end of the USA-China women's volleyball match, it was very exciting and we won. After that, Sam, Rick and I met at Middle Bar and played do di ju for a while, then Sam and I went to a couple clubs looking for people to hook us up with drinks. We had a good time, didn't spend any money but also didn't get hooked up like we had hoped. Ah well. Tonight I plan on spending a lot of time at the Leg and Whistle, watching football (soccer) and drinking some brews.

No comments: